After over 18 years of service, Mr. Bob Leasure has retired from the District’s Board of Directors (the “Board”).
The Board must now fill the vacancy created by Mr. Leasure’s retirement by appointing someone to the Board. Anyone interested in being considered for appointment should review and complete the application in the link below.
The Board and the District’s consultants would like to thank Bob for all of his years of service.
Application for Appointment to Board (PDF)
Application for Appointment to Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors (the “Board” or “Directors”) of Montgomery County Municipal Utility District No. 8 (the “District”). The District is a local governmental entity that is governed by a five (5) member Board. The Directors are elected to staggered four (4) year terms, however, if there is a vacancy on the Board, that vacancy is filled by appointment by the remaining Directors. Currently, there is one (1) vacancy on the Board.
Directors must be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the District or be a qualified voter within the District.
What you can expect if appointed to the Board:
- Attend one (1) regular Board meeting per month at the District Office located at the Walden Yacht Club, 13101 Melville Drive, Montgomery, Texas 77356 (the second (2nd) Wednesday of the month at 9:00 a.m.). The regular Board meeting typically lasts from 2-3 hours.
- Attend any special meetings that may be necessary from time to time in the District.
- Review any and all consultant (Bookkeeper, Tax Assessor/Collector, Operator, Engineer, Attorney, etc.) reports prior to the regular Board meeting.
- Attend bi-annual statewide conferences, as schedule allows.
- Comply with all federal, State and local laws pertaining to municipal utility districts, including the District’s reimbursement and per diem policy.
The above is not an exhaustive list but does provide some of the Directors’ basic expectations of those they appoint.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2022. Interviews for applicants shall be scheduled for 1:00 p.m. after the Board’s December 14, 2022 meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact the District’s general counsel, Elliot M. Barner at Radcliffe Bobbitt Adams Polley PLLC at 713.237.1221 or email@example.com.